GREEN VELO – marketing strategy and communication advisory
The Green Velo East of Poland Cycling Trail is an undertaking which Poland has never seen before. The longest in this part of Europe cycling trail crossing five regions in Eastern Poland is already almost 2,000 kilometres long and is equipped with modern and comfortable infrastructure. Green Velo is the longest trail in Poland with unified signs. From the business point of view it is a homogenous linear tourist product of a network character based on cooperation of numerous partners offering accommodation, attractions and services.
As part of the promotion campaign we developed from the scratch the Green Velo brand as well as the comprehensive marketing strategy together with a ready to implement promotion activities plan for our client the Regional Tourist Organisation of the Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship (the project leader). Our consultants supported the project with advise during the implementation of communication tools. As consultants within the Programme of Promotion and Development of Cycling Trails in Eastern Poland for years 2013-2020 we faced communication challenges to achieve the main goal which was “creating an attractive, accessible, high-quality cycling tourism products, in form of varied commercial offers”.
- Devising and developing a new cross-regional brand
- Creating the brand identity together with communication language
- Preparing the promotion activities plan complemented with implementation tool matrix.
The Green Velo East of Poland Cycling Trail is the biggest undertaking of such kind in Poland so far:
- The overall value of investment of the Green Velo East of Poland Cycling Trail was more than PLN 274 million,
- The length of the trail is more than 2,000 kilometres (1,887.5 kilometres of the main route and 192 kilometres of connecting and subsidiary routes),
- The trail crosses five regions (voivodeships) in Eastern Poland: Warmińsko-Mazurskie, Podlaskie, Lubelskie, Podkarpackie and Świętokrzyskie.
- Five voivodeships – Świętokrzyskie, Lubelskie, Podkarpackie, Podlaskie, Warmińsko-Mazurskie – were engaged in the implementation of the project.
- More than 470 tourists attractions were made available for cyclists .
- Marketing and promotion budget set in the Programme of Promotion and Development of Cycling Trails in Eastern Poland for years 2013-2020 was more than PLN 24 million.
Our agency was responsible for preparation and implementation of the BRAND STRATEGY and MARKETING STRATEGY including devising and developing :
- The brand strategy – the brand strategy basics, positioning, big idea, identity and communication.
- Marketing communication assumptions and elements.
- Marketing communication tools – the matrix of communication tools used,
- Fiches of products/communication tools for TV, radio, printed media, websites, outdoor ads, PR activities concerning internal and external communication with use of brand ambassadors, social media, ambient media, promotional events, fairs, publications and promotional materials
- Communication activities on foreign markets.
- Schedule of marketing communication activities.
- System of visual identification and marketing communication.
- Comprehensive development from the scratch of a new brand for the biggest cycling project in Poland together with guidelines for its future management.
- Creating an extensive brand visual identification system.
- Preparing a broad programme of promotional activities complemented with a ready-to-use communication tools matrix.
- Developing a brand image management strategy.
- Creating a unique offer of mixed promotion (60 different forms of promotion).
The strategy was implemented according to our assumptions bringing the assumed and expected communication and marketing effects. Green Velo is currently the most recognisable network tourism product in Poland. More about Green Velo: https://greenvelo.pl/